At the end of last year George Whitman, the proprietor of Shakespeare & Co. passed away. A literary champion with as much of an international following as his famous bookshop, Whitman ‘offered work, shelter and support to countless writers’. This article, from the art and photography magazine State, touches on Whitman’s history and the legacy he has left behind.
- RT @lukewrightpoet Me: what do you want to be when you're a grown up? 4 year old: a stranger. 5 hours ago
- Flying into the Bear by Chrissy Williams is a beautifully enriching pamphlet. We loved it anyway. annexemagazine.com/review-flying-… 20 hours ago
- Who's that presenting the finest cuts of performance prose and poetry at LeeFest? Oh, it's us! annexemagazine.com/events/ 1 day ago
- Review: Flying into the Bear – Chrissy Williams bit.ly/187OE2z 1 day ago
- We've reviewed @chrissywilliams' fantastic new pamphlet Flying into the Bear. Have a read. annexemagazine.com/review-flying-… 1 day ago